New Zealand moves into Alert Level 4 tonight, 17 August 11:59 pm.
The New Zealand Government has made the decision to move New Zealand to Alert Level 4 as of Tuesday 17 August at 11:59 pm. The alert levels will remain in place in Auckland and Coromandel for 7 days, with the rest of the country initially entering alert Alert Level 4 for 3 days. The Government is scheduled to review this decision towards the end of each stated period.
As such, the current alert levels do not allow for NZIHL games to take place this weekend as follows:
- Skycity Stampede vs. Botany Swarm in Queenstown (20/21 August) – Postponed
- West Auckland Admirals vs. Phoenix Thunder in Auckland (21/22 August) – Postponed
For all postponed events, we are currently working on a replacement schedule and will communicate more about this soon.
We will provide more information about the playoff series in the near future.
Please abide by the New Zealand Government safety requirements:
- Safe recreational activity is allowed in your local area
- Travel is severely limited
- All gatherings are cancelled and all public venues are closed
- Businesses are closed except for essential services – for example, supermarkets, pharmacies, clinics, petrol stations and lifeline utilities will stay open
- Educational facilities are closed
- Rationing of supplies and requisitioning of facilities is possible
- Reprioritisation of healthcare services
For any questions about reissuing tickets or refunds, please contact your local team.